Bible Quizzing for children First Grade through Fifth Grade is offered September through April, Wednesdays at 6:30pm.
What is the Philosophy and Purpose of Children's Bible Quizzing? (as seen on Nazarene.org)
The philosophy of Children’s Quizzing is Bible study. It is important to help children know what the Bible says and help them demonstrate biblical teachings in actual life situations. The goal of Children’s Quizzing is for children to know the God of the Bible.
The purpose of Children’s Quizzing Bible study and competition is to help children:
• Desire to study the Bible.
• Get acquainted with basic Bible study.
• Grow in understanding of the overall chronology of the Bible.
• Learn that God is the central character and Hero of the Bible.
• Gain increased understanding of God as He is revealed in each study.
• Understand how people in the Bible interacted with God, and know how people today may do so also.
• Enjoy quizzing competition.
• Grow in the ability to reflect Christian attitudes and behaviors during competition.